The Pumpkin Patch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain

+2
numptyz
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain  Empty Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain

Post  Admin Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:53 am

OK....So it's raining buckets and the dog needs a walk.... Arrrgh !!!!

How can the dog get his walk without you getting wet???

Post your ideas here !!!

Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thepumpkinpatch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain  Empty Re: Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain

Post  numptyz Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Stay Dry Kit

1.. Start with a large golf umbrella

2.. Next attach a circular shower curtain rail to the underside

3.. Attach clear plastic shower curtains

4.. A natty pair of wellies should finish of the whole ensemble

Make sure you close the curtains securely round you

To keep your dog dry put rubber gloves on his feet and secure with rubber bands....Push the unused fingers back inside the glove .... Create a firm 'body belt' round the dogs middle to support an unbrella with the handle removed... .. If your dog objects to the large umbrella , then take a large plastic bag ...cut holes for legs and place dog inside.... a small umbrella on a head band should complete his outfit.... Dont forget to tie up /tape the plastic bag opening or it will fill with rain....Of course you could leave an opening... add shampoo and bath your dog while he has his walk

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
numptyz
numptyz

Back to top Go down

Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain  Empty Re: Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain

Post  cazyshell Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:12 am

Love the idea of washing the dog in the rain.

Staying Dry

My boyfriend said you could have a really huge rain to blow the rain away but that would be to heavy but I though he was onto something.

1) Buy an head umbrella.
2) Buy three small but powerful water proff fan.
3) Stick a fan to each side of the umbrella and one in the middle.
4) Before you go out check the fans work and turn them on.

The idea is that each fan will move the water dierection so you should stay nice and dry Very Happy
cazyshell
cazyshell

Back to top Go down

Post  numptyz Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:36 am

Nice to have you back cazy... but wouldnt your hair get tangled in the fan ?
numptyz
numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  mitzidog Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:20 am

Walk him indoors with a treadmill. The advantage is that you can film him and get £250 from You've Been Framed or Planet's Funniest Animals if he does something funny.

mitzidog

Back to top Go down

Post  cazyshell Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:04 am

no as the fans are on top of the umbrella, and you could always tye your hair up

Cazyshell
(Dyslexic but total mad)
cazyshell
cazyshell

Back to top Go down

Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain  Empty weeeeelll

Post  Hzy Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:53 pm

I guess that there are not enough trees to leap between plus there is always the splash to consider on landing sooooo tying the dog to ones head with a belt is rather a neat idea? Keeps the head warm and dry! A small plastic shower cap would be appropriate to protect said dog from the driving rain - trouble is my dog (who looks like a bad scribble drawing of a cartoon dog) would definitely eat it. His tail could double up as a scarf come window wipers for steamed up glasses?

Im going to try this tomorrow so will let you all know how effective this tact is Smile
Hzy
Hzy

Back to top Go down

Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain  Empty The result

Post  Hzy Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Ok... it doesn't work! Just call me Sigourney! The dog (Patrick) kept slipping over my eyes so I couldnt see where I was going AND I ended up looking like something out of Alien. We live in the country so now have the local farmers complaining at the door because something has been scaring the cattle. Asking Patrick to bark left, right or straight ahead was a total joke as (just as I suspected) he was far too busy eating the plastic cover and the rain started dripping off his tail and right down my neck plus I am now covered in scratch marks!! A different approach is needed. Im thinking that perhaps a camouflaged tent with a look out hole and arm holes - on wheels of course may be the thing? It was also embarrassing to have a dog strapped and clinging to ones head and face so am thinking I can try this without being noticed... hence the camouflaged tent. Possibly this may be better attempted at night so I am resourcing night vision glasses for both myself and Patrick. Sellotape should do the trick to attach them to Patrick which will also have the added benefit of waterproofing his ears.

Any different suggestions welcome......
Hzy
Hzy

Back to top Go down

Fun Challenge ~ Dog Walking in the Rain  Empty just a thought

Post  Hzy Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:09 pm

just pray that the wind doesn't get up and I end up being swept into the air like a huge kite.. imagine that.. little wellied legs kicking madly whilst screaming for help lol Smile
Hzy
Hzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:27 pm

Hehehe Nutter !!!! I can just visualise it !!! There was a kids book that showed a girl being swept up in the air with the wind under her skirt and holding a brolly..... can anyone remember what it was called ???? The name Matilda keeps popping into my head but that means nothing these days LOL
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thepumpkinpatch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jabberwock Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:19 am

The cover of Mary Poppins has a picture of Mary being lifted up into the air with her umbrella - was that the one youre thinking of Edwina?

jabberwock

Back to top Go down

Post  numptyz Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:11 pm

It wasnt that one although that is like what I was thinking about....

It was more like a Quentin Blake illustration ~ he did a lot for Roald Dahl....
numptyz
numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down