The Pumpkin Patch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew

3 posters

Go down

Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew Empty Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew

Post  Mariboo Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:31 am

This was a big hit with both the vegetarians and carnivores in our family. It's even vegan, I believe. Even my mother liked it, and she is a very old school meat and potatoes eater. Serve with rice, couscous, or quinoa. A good way to use up your fresh produce.

Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew

Ingredients:

1 small onion, diced
a can of chickpeas (or dried, soaked and cooked)
a large can of tomatoes (fresh if you have them)
assorted other chopped fresh veg (green beans, zucchini, go wild)
olive oil
couple handfuls of raisins
1/2 a lemon
1 t cumin
1 t coriander
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t hot pepper flakes (or not, depending on your audience)
salt & pepper
fresh baby spinach
* Add your fresh veg in at the right time - the more delicate will dissolve if stewed for 40 min.

In a large heavy pot, heat a small amount of olive oil and add the diced onion. Cook till translucent. Stir in the cumin and coriander. Add the can of tomatoes and crush them if needed. Next, add the chickpeas and about 2-3 large handfulls of raisins, assorted fresh veg, as well as the hot pepper flakes and cinnamon. Mix everything together and cook over a low heat with the lid on until everything gets nice and soft, about 40 minutes. 10 minutes before serving, squeeze half a lemon into the stew for a bit of tang and mix well. Stir in spinach leaves just till wilted, and serve. Enjoy!

Mariboo

Back to top Go down

Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew Empty Re: Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew

Post  numptyz Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 am

That sounds delicious !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
numptyz
numptyz

Back to top Go down

Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew Empty Re: Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew

Post  juliansmile Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:12 am

I'm getting hungry, *brrrr*
Oops, my stomach is rumbling
juliansmile
juliansmile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum