The Pumpkin Patch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion with Hoo

4 posters

Go down

Discussion with Hoo Empty Discussion with Hoo

Post  Admin Fri May 28, 2010 11:50 am

Hi Hoo.... Are the powers-that-be aware that this wonderful game and the guilds are dying ???? Why??? Unrealistic challenges !!!!!
For example I now need to amass 15 million points before I can level up and even start growing for my next quest....
Dont tell me it has already been done...I know that....and its part of the problem...
Before we had our first Emperor then everybody was trying hard to catch up with the leading players.... Now we have several there seems nothing left to strive for....even if you make Emperor there is no recognition and so little satisfaction...and the emperor quests are simply ridiculous with insulting rewards...
Plants at the upper levels take so long to grow that there is virtually no interaction within the game....It can hardly be called a game and is certainly not fun when all you can do is spend 1 minute a day to water... People are getting disheartened and are abandoning the game in droves and playing games on facebook instead...I do my best to generate interest and activity within my guilds, but I am sadly aware that I am fighting a losing battle.. The recent adjustment to the Wow task was welcomed but it still leaves it an unreasonable task which will take years to complete

The total amount of palms needed now: 500,000 to complete the task

Even if your guild is full (100 members), then EACH MEMBER needs to contribute 5,000 palms which cost 7,777 to buy .... that would be 38,885,000 gB
or
grown from coconuts that cost 1,777gB each - thats 8,885,000 gB FROM EACH MEMBER!!!

And even if each member donates, say, 5 palms per week, thats only 260 per year, it would take nearly 19.23 years!!! even donating 10 palms per week, it would take 9.62 years!!! Thats still ridiculous, and not everyone can afford to buy even 1 coconut per week!

We were also promised other guild activities when this adjustment was made.... are these still forthcoming or have they been abandoned ???
I know you are not personally responsible for these decisions and I am not being nasty or trying to cause trouble - if that were so then I would have posted this on open forum.... I am just looking for something to bring life back to the game and guilds... I want this game to survive !!! But it wont unless the upper level quests and growth times etc are re-evaluated....
Thank you for listening to me
Edwina (numptyz)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thepumpkinpatch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Discussion with Hoo Empty Hoo's reply

Post  Admin Sat May 29, 2010 1:32 am

numptyz2 wrote:
Hi Hoo.... Are the powers-that-be aware that this wonderful game and the guilds are dying ???? Why??? Unrealistic challenges !!!!!
For example I now need to amass 15 million points before I can level up and even start growing for my next quest....

Yes, this can be frustrating sometimes, but there are other things you can work towards. For example the next fertilizer level, a new Display Garden, further I think it is just fun to plant, water and harvest towards the next level
numptyz2 wrote:
Dont tell me it has already been done...I know that....and its part of the problem...
Before we had our first Emperor then everybody was trying hard to catch up with the leading players.... Now we have several there seems nothing left to strive for....even if you make Emperor there is no recognition and so little satisfaction...and the emperor quests are simply ridiculous with insulting rewards...

To work towards the emperor level, to unlock new plants etc. can be you goal, just enjoy gardening, don't think so much about the ranking and your position

numptyz2 wrote:
Plants at the upper levels take so long to grow that there is virtually no interaction within the game....It can hardly be called a game and is certainly not fun when all you can do is spend 1 minute a day to water...

I'm playing the game myself and I never stopped planting things like roses etc. Cause I'm not that much focused on my ranking, that I'm only plating Walnuts and other high level plants, no I'm just playing the game (without thinking much about points )
numptyz2 wrote:
People are getting disheartened and are abandoning the game in droves and playing games on facebook instead...I do my best to generate interest and activity within my guilds, but I am sadly aware that I am fighting a losing battle.. The recent adjustment to the Wow task was welcomed but it still leaves it an unreasonable task which will take years to complete

Quote:
The total amount of palms needed now: 500,000 to complete the task

Even if your guild is full (100 members), then EACH MEMBER needs to contribute 5,000 palms which cost 7,777 to buy .... that would be 38,885,000 gB
or
grown from coconuts that cost 1,777gB each - thats 8,885,000 gB FROM EACH MEMBER!!!

And even if each member donates, say, 5 palms per week, thats only 260 per year, it would take nearly 19.23 years!!! even donating 10 palms per week, it would take 9.62 years!!! Thats still ridiculous, and not everyone can afford to buy even 1 coconut per week!

We know, that it's still quite hard, but we wanted it to be a longterm goal.

numptyz2 wrote:
We were also promised other guild activities when this adjustment was made.... are these still forthcoming or have they been abandoned ???

We are still working on the game, but I can't tell you what we are currently doing, but be sure that we are always working on the game

numptyz2 wrote:
I know you are not personally responsible for these decisions and I am not being nasty or trying to cause trouble - if that were so then I would have posted this on open forum.... I am just looking for something to bring life back to the game and guilds... I want this game to survive !!! But it wont unless the upper level quests and growth times etc are re-evaluated....
Thank you for listening to me
Edwina (numptyz)

Thats what I'm here fore, we're taking note of the wishes of the players and take them into the internal discussion.

sincere regards

hoo
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Discussion with Hoo Empty Reply to Hoo

Post  Admin Sat May 29, 2010 1:36 am

Hi Hoo....Thank you for your swift reply...
I would like to point out that these are criticisms / reasons I have been given by members for abandoning the game.... I get frustrated too,but I invest my energy in the guilds....
I can understand things from your point of view but I am not a silly girl and patting me on the head doesnt satisfy me... I already utilise the self set goals you suggest and encourage guild members to do the same...While you are content to potter along many players are not....they are goal oriented and need a sensible, achievable target.... You also have to take into account that we have many reasonably young players who look for results ... their young lives are governed by achieving targets at school and college and this attitude overflows into all areas of their lives...Whether you agree with this attitude or not is beside the point...It is a fact and as such should be taken into consideration...
I appreciate that MHE tried to create a long term project for the guilds but they have taken it too far... I would like it to be achievable in my lifetime...People get bored when there is little or no result for their efforts.....The general opinion is that Upjers are investing their efforts into their new games at the expense of MHE....because as a result of their experience they can organise these new games better financially...
I am not criticising... I am passing on general opinion.... My attitude is that you can't put it right if you don't know it's wrong !!! So, I am telling you what is wrong from players point of view...
Best regards
Edwina
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Discussion with Hoo Empty Hmmmm

Post  shoddybu Sat May 29, 2010 12:06 pm

Interesting studd edwina. Not sure that Hoo really gives anything in relpy, very evasive and non commital. Maybe he's a politician. For what it's worth I agree with you. I'm struggling to see the point in continuing. I'm at number 5 in the ranking, i won't go up or down if i just continue, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. The question i ask muself a lot recently is - why bother? What am i actually achieving or doing here? it used to be a mildly entertaining way of passing a few minutes at work. Now it seems like a bit of a chore. There's nothing new here fo rme, I;ve been playing for about 15 months and can't see any point continuing.
Si

shoddybu

Back to top Go down

Discussion with Hoo Empty Re: Discussion with Hoo

Post  bessie Sat May 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Hoo has not really added anything interesting to your questions Edwina, and all your questions are very valid.

bessie

Back to top Go down

Post  numptyz Sat May 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks for the support folks.... Its the WOW task all over again !!!

As for Hoo...because of his position he is in a cleft stick....whatever he might think personally he has to defend the indefensible...ie toe the upjers line ...

I haven't given up yet though !!! and as there are some new guild activities in the pipeline, hopefully they will take these comments into consideration...

However...DONT lose heart and DONT give up Si.... at least make Emperor otherwise everything you have done so far has been for nothing....
Illegitimis noli carborundum !!!!
numptyz
numptyz

Back to top Go down

Discussion with Hoo Empty hmmm

Post  Hzy Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:40 am

I have just read this Numpty and totally agree. I have been playing molehill for a few months now and I enjoy it but am now finding it a very solitary game.. There is not really any interaction between players unless you message them and you need to know them to do that. Im reading on the main forum that a lot of folk consider it spam, if you just message to say hello. I eventually got a reply from someone regarding coins from the forum.. I answered back and really felt that it was rather 'terse' to say the least. They also added another reply as they must have felt a little guilty about the first. Has put me off rather. Even at my stage of the game (scarecrow) I am finding there is not much game to play as I need to grow. Can come to guilds and market to sell and buy but then what.
I hope they do make the game more interactive as when I joined, I had it in my head that you could communicate in other ways... eg go to visit other peoples gardens and buy etc...
Great letter by the way... Shame you didnt really get any answers to questions posed.

fingers crossed it changes

x
Hzy
Hzy

Back to top Go down

Post  numptyz Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:39 am

Suggestion !!!!!

I think every guild member should send Hoo a PM stating their opinion regarding this matter !!! Maybe if his inbox is full he might take it further to those that can influence the game...

Edwina
numptyz
numptyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum